We are a specialist design and build firm working mainly within the leisure and hospitality sectors and we have a vacancy for an experienced, proactive and enthusiastic Project Manager to work on projects for our key clients. This role is based in our Doncaster office but there would be potential to work from our Nottingham office for the right candidate. The majority of projects are based in the midlands and north of England but we do work across the UK so some travel will be required.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Appoint and monitor appropriate labour and site management specific to the project type
- Control and analysis of labour costs
- Provide comprehensive project programs
- Attend and contribute to client and contracts meetings
- Collate, manage and sign off snagging works completed by project support team
- Record variations from site and liaise with the QS team
- Responsible for all site health and safety procedures and compliance by all site personnel
- Manage client direct suppliers for projects
- Promote commercial awareness for on-site projects
- Liaise with supply chain team to ensure compliance and effective site set up
- Take a lead role in snagging and handover meetings with the design team
- Ensure quality of workmanship in line with project designers
- Deliver projects to agreed program of works
- Monitor program of works and identify shortfalls and solutions
- Ensure relevant design and contract details are available to site personnel at all times
- Attend regular contracts meetings to report on and discuss workload, project difficulties and opportunities
A proven track record in project management and a minimum of 5 years’ experience is essential - you must be able to demonstrate that you can bring projects in on time, on budget and to the highest standard. Experience within the leisure and hospitality sectors would be an advantage.
The basic salary for the role is up to £45k per year depending on experience and we also offer a generous package which includes a company car or car allowance, laptop, mobile phone, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays and paid leave over the Christmas period and a company pension with 3% employer contribution. In addition to this we have an extensive culture programme offering many perks such as regular nights out, a yearly day at the races, Christmas party, free fruit & squash etc in our offices and Westfield Health.
If you meet the requirements for this role and want to join an exciting, fast paced and growing business please apply by sending you CV and a covering letter to Zoe Bruce, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org