We are recruiting for a Middleweight/Senior Interior Designer with proven experience within the Leisure and/or Hospitality sector. The right candidate will be highly creative with solid technical knowledge with the ability to turn imaginative concepts into build-able environments. You will be working closely with our in house Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers as well as the design team & furniture department, in a fast paced, proactive design office. This is an exciting opportunity working with an award winning and established Design & Build company in the leisure and hospitality sector, which will provide a wealth of challenges for an ambitious individual. You will be client facing and will need to build relationships with our customers and suppliers.
• Preparation of concepts, mood boards, preliminary and final designs, and development of detailed design pack.
• Professional presentation of proposals to clients.
• Produce drawing packs including details using AutoCAD
• Produce presentations and visuals using Indesign & Photoshop
• Produce F,F & E schedules using Microsoft Excel and manage procurement of products.
• Manage projects efficiently, on time and within budget in close co-operation with the project team.
• Develop detailed designs and choose materials and products with commercial suitability for projects.
• Mentoring and assisting junior designers, whilst also supporting the management team.
• Building and growing existing and new client relationships.
• Minimum 2 years experience working on Leisure/Hospitality fit-outs.
• Minimum of 2 years experience using AutoCAD.
• Experience using Indesign and Photoshop for presentations.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience using Sketchup as a design and visualisation tool is an advantage.
• A good understanding of UK building Regulations and Planning Process.
• Ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project.
• Work efficiently to tight deadlines and manage your own time effectively.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
• Proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner.
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Interior Design Qualification at degree level or equivalent.
You will be working out of our Doncaster office on projects mainly in and around Yorkshire and the North West. We do also have offices in London and Nottingham and work across the UK so some travel will be required
- Annual all-inclusive day at Doncaster races during Leger week
- Team days out
- Pizza Friday
- Tea & Toast breakfast club
- Westfield Health Plan
- Christmas Party afternoon
- Monthly socials
- Staff Nomination scheme for people who go above and beyond
- Additional holiday days for long service
- Additional holiday days for Christmas holidays (not out of annual allowance)
- Company fruit bowl scheme (free fruit)
- Company charity events
- Relaxed office atmosphere