Who are Concorde BGW Group?
Concorde BGW are an award winning integrated design, build and furnishing contractor who work nationwide, we specialise in the hospitality industry with pubs, bars and hotels but we also work on military bases and offices throughout the UK and also overseas.
We don’t aim for excellence. We insist on it. For the past 25 years our reputation has been built on a belief that our work should speak for itself, providing unique experiences, beautiful aesthetics and proven returns for clients.
Although we’re best-known for our award-winning design and build projects in the leisure and hospitality sectors, the talents of our team can create inspiring spaces and beautiful buildings across any industry – from military bases to residential developments.
You can always tell a Concorde project. That’s what we’re told anyway… and if it’s true then there’s no bigger compliment. Whether it’s our clients measuring the return on their investment, or their customers falling for their new favourite place, we’re proud to create spaces that improve business performance and enrich lives.
With roots dating back to 1960’s Doncaster, we stand proudly by our traditional values of care and craftsmanship. It’s a culture that has seen our business flourish, with teams in London, Nottingham and Yorkshire united by an unwavering commitment to creativity and quality.
Working as part of a team to produce creative and considered Commercial Interior Design solutions and overseeing projects from initial briefing to completion.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attending project briefing meetings with new & existing clients.
- Working to a written or verbal brief, which details how each individual space will be used.
- Preparation of concepts, mood boards, preliminary and final designs, and development of detailed design pack.
- Professional presentation of proposals to clients.
- Ability to advise clients on all technical aspects of a design project.
- Produce drawing packs including details using AutoCAD (or similar)
- Produce presentations and visuals using INdesign & Photoshop (or similar)
- Produce F,F & E schedules using Xcel (or similar) and manage procurement of products.
- Managing projects efficiently, within schedule and within budget in close co-operation with project team to help deliver projects on time.
- Site visits to attend meetings or carry out surveys as required by line manager.
- Organisation of workflow with colleagues, 3D visualisers and others.
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials and products with commercial suitability for projects.
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines and manage your own time effectively.
- Mentoring and assisting junior designers, whilst also supporting the senior team
- Building and growing existing and new client relationships.
- Ability to make quick and informed decisions.
- Proven experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Regular updates on project portal, ensuring key project information is correct.
- Complete timesheets weekly & expenses on a monthly basis.
- Complete and instruct designers Risk assessments as required.
- Fully comply with Concorde’s standard documents & expectations.
As a middle-weight designer you will be proactive, self -motivated and use your initiative whether working alone or as part of a team. You will need to manage your workload effectively and have the ability to prioritise your workload. You will be comfortable working on larger projects with your line manager for support and being a main point of contact for clients. You will have proven experience in running & delivering projects from initial concept to completion and producing a detailed design and FF & E Pack from which the project can be costed and built.
You will be expected to travel and may on occasion be required to stay away. You will from time to time, be required to work additional hours over those stated on your contract in order to deliver project work to programme.
Additional Company Perks- What else can Concorde offer?
We look after our team so they look after our clients….
- Pizza Fridays – last Friday of every month!
- 5 after work office socials a year
- All-inclusive Christmas party afternoon.
- All-inclusive St. Ledger Gentleman’s day at Doncaster Races
- Westfield Health benefits
- Company fruit bowls
- Selection of company teas, coffees, squash etc.
- Team away days
- Training programmes based on personal development reviews
- Birthday cards & gifts
- Team nominations for people who go above and beyond.