We are recruiting for a Design Technician preferably with experience within the Leisure and/or Hospitality sector. The right candidate will be highly creative with solid technical knowledge with the ability to turn imaginative concepts into build-able environments.
As a technician you will be proactive, self-motivated and a reliable member of the design team. You will need to manage your workload effectively and have the ability to prioritise your workload. You will have proven experience in producing detailed technical drawings in AutoCAD 2D, 3D would be advantageous, and a good knowledge of statutory applications.
You may on occasion be expected to travel. You will from time to time, be required to work additional hours over those stated on your contract in order to achieve specific timescales.
This is an exciting opportunity working with an award winning and established Design & Build company in the leisure and hospitality sector which will provide a wealth of challenges for an ambitious individual.
Working with the design team to help produce drawing packs and supporting the team with statutory applications.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Office based offering support to the design team.
- Produce drawing packs including details using AutoCAD.
- A strong understanding of current building regulations and planning policy.
- The ability to advise the team and clients on all technical aspects of a design project.
- Good understanding of construction.
- Knowledge of materials and their suitability in different applications.
- Working on projects efficiently, within schedule and within budget in close co-operation with project team to help deliver projects on time.
- Site visits with the design team to undertake surveys as required by your Line Manager.
- Opportunity to work across bar, restaurant and hotel schemes.
- Structured and guided career progression.
- Experience and understanding for working within project budgets and timelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual.
- Attention to detail.
- Complete timesheets weekly and expenses on a monthly basis.
- Fully comply with Concorde’s standard documents and expectations.
You will be working out of our Doncaster office but we do also have offices in London and Nottingham and work across the UK so some travel may be required.
- Annual all-inclusive day at Doncaster races during Leger week
- Team days out
- Pizza Friday
- Tea & Toast breakfast club
- Westfield Health Plan
- Christmas Party afternoon
- Monthly socials
- Staff Nomination scheme for people who go above and beyond
- Additional holiday days for long service
- Additional holiday days for Christmas holidays (not out of annual allowance)
- Company fruit bowl scheme (free fruit)
- Company charity events
- Relaxed office atmosphere